Many people are not aware of all that estate planning encompasses and dealing with the emotional aspects can be uncomfortable, so they put it off until it’s often too late. But without a plan, the assets that you’ve worked so hard to attain, for the security of your family, could be at risk. Estate planning allows you to maintain control of deciding who will manage your estate, who receives your money, how they receive it, and when they receive it. Failure to plan would default to state law in determining the ultimate disposition of your estate. This could cost your survivors additional distress, estate taxes, and administrative expenses. Without a plan you also increase the chances of conflict among family members about how to manage the estate.
We can help make the estate planning process easier by working with you and your family, as well as your legal and tax counsel to:
- Identify assets to include in your estate.
- Coordinate an effective method of disposition of your estate that will meet your objectives and philosophies.
- Minimize the impact of income, estate and gift taxes.
- Ensure that the estate will have sufficient liquidity to pay taxes.
- Minimize the emotional and financial burden of the cliet’s beneficiary.
- Reevaluate and update the plan as changes in the tax laws and life events occur.
You’ve worked hard to create a legacy for your family. We can help you to make your estate plan work just as hard to protect it. A well-prepared estate plan will provide you and your family with peace of mind.